Sunday, November 21, 2010

ThanksLIVING

At church today, our pastor talked about something he calls ThanksLIVING. He talked about being thankful every, single day. For the little things. For the big things. For the painful things. For the exciting things. For the things that bring us to our knees.

Being thankful, when we don't feel like being very thankful.

It made me smile, because that is exactly what I am trying to do with my life. Through this blog, through my Twitter account. By making a conscious effort to be thankful every day, it has changed my outlook.

Being thankful has made me more thankful. And a better wife, mother, daughter. Being thankful has made me a better person.

The last six months have been mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting. World-rocking. The kind of things that bring a person to their knees.

Often, during this season of life, I have felt weighed down by the drama of life and death. On more than one occasion I have said: "I don't think I can bear anything else." My faith is deep. I trust God. But I am human.

I fear.
I stress.
I hurt.

Physically and emotionally feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders every day...

gravity tugging at my body with each step...

fear tugging on my heart/mind...

Something "else" would always happen:

The house floods. A loved-one dies. Work instability. Possible unplanned relocation. A child gets sick.

At times it is overwhelming, but my faith allows me to cling to hope.

Somehow, by the grace of God, I manage to maintain hope. I know that God is using these things in my life to His glory, whether I can see/understand it at this season in my life or not. I may never understand it.

I know that the path I had planned for my life is playing out completely differently than I had planned or could have imagined for myself. But you know what? I Love My Life.

The good.
The bad.
The ugly.
The painful.

Even when it hurts, I am blessed.

And I give thanks.

I still have fear at times, wondering how everything will work out, but I know that we'll be okay. No matter what happens we will be okay.

Instead of feeling sorry for myself or living in a constant state of fear, I give thanks in all things.

It is a paradigm-shift to
Thankful LIVING.



What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment