Monday, February 14, 2011

This Kind of Love

I have gotten away from my Thankfulness project over the last several months. Not that I haven't been thankful every day, but I haven't been posting them here. I have, however, been posting them on Twitter almost every day. I'm still ridiculously thankful for my life, my love, my kids and my blessings.

Today is Valentine's Day. It is 6:45a.m. and my kids are still asleep. My husband has already left for work. The first thoughts that come into my tired, haven't-had-any-coffee-yet brain are simple:

I love my Husband (probably the best man on this earth.) Our "song" is "This Kind of Love" by Sister Hazel. We found it a few years ago when we had been married about a decade and it really is our kind of love. Listen to the song. It will warm your heart.

I love my kids (the best kids on this earth.) Even through all of our daily challenges, they rock my world. Their sweet, innocent, perfect love. Hearing my kids say "I love you Momma" makes my world complete.

I love the quiet moments when the house is actually, well, quite. (Just as my son wakes up and starts to scream as I type this post.)

Well, that was a short-lived moment, but I'm thankful for it nonetheless. More on love later, maybe during naptime. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day. May you love and be loved this day and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment